Saturday, October 30, 2004

Brain in a festive frying pan.

I'm so utterly silly sometimes, I amaze myself.
Yesterday was pretty cool, I went with mike to Ralph's place, hung around while they jammed. The band is Mike-bass & vocals, Ralph-drums, Tony-guitar. They're getting pretty damn good. Mike's vocals are enthusiastic & entertaining, if not on key. ^_^ They're covering some metal songs, & writing their own - Mike's lyrics are good stuff. :-)

So after that, we get home, & Mike goes right to sleep, since he has to leave for work at 7am. I start fiddling around with The Smurf (links are fun! ^_^), hunting for some cool desktops, new icons, organizing files, stuff like that. I started doing that around 8 or 9 pm, just chillin. The TV freakishly turned itself off around midnight, which was actually fine since Fox News isn't exactly soothing. Mike & his sleeping sitting up w/TV on...plus the Rhino-snoring. What a doink. ^_^
So after that, I guess I didn't have TV to keep track of time with, and the next time I glanced at the clock, it said 4:30 am! I was like, whoa! Mike's gonna wake up in under 2 hours!
I figured I might as well sleep while Mike's at work. So I did. but not well at all. Plus I'm really weirded by the heavy fog out the window, it's... so... dark & X-Filesish and stuff. not conducive to the whole waking up thing...

In Other News, I want to be Chun Li for halloween, but I'm missing some bits of the costume I made! It's so awesome, I'm so proud of it - it's the best-looking one I've seen, if I don't say so myself. ;-) It's made from a real (if cheap) Cheong-sam from Canal St, one of my fave shopping places. Manhattan, cheap stuff, Chinatown! Yay! ^_^
I have no photos from when I 1st wore it, a few years ago... hopefully that will change if I ever find this damn stuff.
I've turned 2 apartments upside-down looking for the missing bits already. I have some of the necessary fabric left over, but I don't relish the idea of spending the next 12 hours or so sewing... god do I hope I'm exxagerating there...
I have other random news, like LOTR cooleness... I'm outta steam, though. Later, will post later. Cool links. Good Stuff.

1 comment:

Linden said...

Nice title! ;)
Heh, loosing track of time at night on the computer is fun.. I used to do that a lot, but now I just kinda fall asleep instead of time-zone. My head hits the keyboard and I decide its time for sleepy sleepy.
Tell mike to keep up the good work, I want to hear them play sometime.