Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sports, Whee

So, I've started roller blading with my friends, I've stepped up running to twice a week, I go to swing dancing once a week(ish), wake boarding maybe twice a month, I'm still playing volleyball 3 times a week, and I've been bicycling to work 5 times a week for a couple months now. I'm contemplating doing stance training with some of my friends. I bought a Nike+ sensor for my iPod, something I've been meaning to do for a while (the reason I got a nano instead of a video iPod when someone stole my precious 1st generation 5gb iPod), partially motivated to do so by ars. Also, I'd like to do get some sort of bike trailer so that I can do groceries and picnics on my bike (though I might stick with my backpack), and I'd like to get some snorkeling gear to play with, as soon as I find a decent, easy way to get to a beach on the gulf side. I really do miss swimming, and I'm confused as to why I don't do more here, I suppose the water in the bay isn't really the best. I really am trying to get back into shape, I think the next step is to actually get back into martial arts.

Whew, typing all that made me tired. At least I'm not sitting in front of my computer dorking out *all* the time. Speaking of dorking out, I've really got to write that sample AJAX program in Turbogears for the next Tampa Bay Python Meetup.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SOMEONE STOLE YOUR 5G!!!
ARRGH! The humanity.
Who does that!!
>:[
*shakes fist Tony-style*

..ok, deep breaths :-)
Beach stance training, woo! So cool :)
It would really be awesome to see photos of you doing all this crazy active stuff. But then other people's photos are rarely as good as yours :)

Linden said...

Yeah, plus it's hard to get people to take pictures of me :) I think I'm the only person in the group that carries a camera with me everywhere.