Friday, July 06, 2007

ExKate - Coolest thing on 4 wheels, evar

So, the reason I've been thinking about all the activity I do is that I'm completely enamored by this amazing contraption of fun, back to the future style. Wireless remote controlled electronic skateboards, who would have thought? Hidden behind an awesome toy is actually some interesting technology. It boasts: "It is the first time in the history of mankind where the human body is used as an antenna between a transmitter and receiver." Basically, you hold the control in your hand, and it uses the body as the link between controller and skateboard, so when you fall off, it actually stops. The thing is pretty heavy with batteries, but it gets a 10 mile radius, and speeds up to 22 mph. I dug around in the FAQ, and they mention regenerative braking, which is a fantastic idea, I'd love to see more stats on that. It also has a really awesome turning radius.
Wow, I would love to have one of these. I do wake board, and the control scheme is pretty similar, toe/heel flexion to steer. It would really help my balance. That's a good reason to buy it, right?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Gah!!
Contraption! Skateboard! Contraption skateboard! Meep :)
..although...
I dunno if you've seen this already, but:
This may have the ExKate beat for the coolest thing on 4 wheels ;)

Linden said...

Okay, wow. I think you have me beat. I'll have to settle for coolest thing on 4 wheels that you can buy.

How.. did they get him to do that? For some reason, this conjures images of Puck :)

Rachel said...

lol
Puck skateboarding!!

the story of Tyson the Skateboarding Bulldog is actually told from his persective on that site, also on his myspace. Also, there's a vid on there of him and one of *HIS* 7 cats(!!) grooming each other!! (I sent him a friend request, of course! :D)

The story is really insanely cute.