Thursday, November 04, 2004

Politics and Orcs

I didn't get to be Chun-Li. I couldn't find the costume bits anywhere! And resewing was just not an option. It was just too much this year. :-(
However, Election Day and our Election Night party more than make up for it. Mike & I went out with Mike's dad (Bill) to Applebee's for lunch, and that was fun because not only is Bill fun, but he's never been to an Applebee's before.
Mike, myself, Tony, Manny, Mike B & Gillian were at the party. It was a good balance of opposing political views. ^_^ We watched the election coverage and argued with each other. And laughed at the TV wackyness. Some very wacky stuff happened on TV - we caught Al Sharpton verbally taking off people's heads, apparently he's more vicious when sleep deprived. And his delivery was even more indescribably bombastic than usual. He said something to the effect that if Bush wasn't ready to go once he lost, Sharpton was gonna show up at the White House with his boys and some moving vans! *ROTFL* some of that may be TonyReinterpretation-ism though, he has a way of rephrasing things to make them even funnier. Also, apparently Dan Rather said the following: "if a frog had side pockets he'd probably wear a handgun".
o_0
...
...
WTH??
If anyone happens to read this and has some clue what that may mean, lay it on me. The bafflement is killing me. ^_^
My dad was disappointed that we didn't invite him, even though we're separated by three states. ^_^

At any rate, the best part about this election to me right now is that it's over. Now all I have to worry about is the people that own Madison Square Garden producing commericals against building a football stadium in Manhattan. That doesn't seem like the smartest idea to me, considering NYC's already amazing traffic problem, but those commericals are damn annoying. You can only tell who makes them by the nearly illegible eeeety-bitty text at the bottom of the screen at the end.

Back in Rachel's Costume Obsession Land:

These people are about as crazy as me. They decided to make a Moria Orc. We have procedure in common:

Step 1: Realize that you are crazy.

Now you may proceed.

However, these next guys are on a totally different level. They're an actual special effects house, and pretty much their whole site is amazing to look at. Plus they have a fun front page.
But
their Ring Wraith and Witch King... dude... the *actual really armor* armor, not just fake rubber armor... 0_0


In Other News,
Ipod Photo Explodes my mind.

1 comment:

Linden said...

Yeah, my halloween costume kinda was wimpy too.. but I got to wear that nice dress.
As for the election, I couldn't agree more. Thankgod its over. I guess being on a campus was annoying with all the ppl and their crazy student groups, but what bugged me most was the general 'I hate ____' just because, well, they hated him. There was a lot of discussion about actual issues, but there was a lot more just gah! Now ppl here are kind discussing the next election, which should also be an interesting one. *sigh*
Frog.. guns.. sidepockets? I have no idea.
The first step is key. The fact that they put it in there is priceless. And they're really good to boot. =) Yay, costume making. My next costume project is a complete peace keeper thing. I got a sewing machine for my birthday ;)